20060301

an article I wanted to write

Back in the fall, I read with interest that Bruce Wilkinson was retiring from ministry. I almost wrote a little blog post about how his theology contributed to the problem. This Christianity Today article is much more informed than I would've been on the issues involved.

A quote and a comment:
Wilkinson mistook his vision for God's plan. In a letter to King Mswati demanding quick action, Wilkinson wrote, "Given the fact that Swaziland has been placed on the heart of DFA by God through devoted prayer, we believe the country has reached a major juncture in its quest to take ownership of its problems and to embrace God's divine will for Swaziland."
Now, the writer doesn't go there, but really, isn't that the issue with the theology behind the Prayer of Jabez? His conviction that God would be expanding his territory kinda blew up in his face. But then, that's just what I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have nothing of any real intellectual weight to say. i just needed to state the fact that this post exists because I bugged Andymack until he actually posted.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mattymac - for bugging your bro, and for your own wonderful posts, which I can't comment on as I am not a citizen of Zanga

Love
Aunt Deb

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've tried to bug my sister to post more often, as in more than once in six months or even two months, but I haven't had much success. Any suggestions, Aunt Deb?