20040410

why aren't His words teaching?

now playing: if we are the body // casting crowns

So, today was the first choir trip that I've gotten to go on this year - like bus rides and all (I did get to go catch them in bancroft one time... and the company was rad too). Anyway, the easter conference was a little ridiculous to be honest. I wonder what paul would say if he saw the level of teaching we have in the church today. I think he might say "I'm going home, y'all are pathetic", and walk out. Or maybe "And I thought the Galatians were cause for worry" (which is the polite greek way of saying "dumb"). I dunno, i think beg to be spoonfed all the time instead of ever wanting a real challenge. I'm sorry, but it is not a challenge to people to tell them that they "need to get back to the gospel". It's not a challenge because there's no telling what that looks like, or what difference it would make. It leaves everyone with warm fuzzies, and we think: "look at how I spent my good friday. Yep, I'm doing pretty good." And then we go on living life the exact same way as we always did. Disugsting guys. Digusting. Sorry, I don't mean to vent, but i've gotta wonder: when are we ever going to move past being asinine into being applicable? Alright, i'm done.

asinine: adj., utterly stupid or silly: asinine behavior.
Of, relating to, or resembling an ass.

No comments: