20040331

it's about time!

now playing: satellite soul(album) // by satellite soul... now defunct

first off: CLOSTRIDIUM PERFRINGENS
Disease: Perfringens food poisoning
Source: "Buffet germ" that grows rapidly in large portions of food that cool slowly. It grows in chafing dishes which may not keep food sufficiently hot and in the refrigerator if food is stored in portions too large to cool quickly.
Symptoms (after eating): Onset: 8-24 hours; lasting only a day. Usually mild, but can be serious in ulcer patients, the elderly, ill, or immune-compromised.
Prevention: Keep food hot (above 140 degrees F) or cold (below 40 degrees F). Divide bulk cooked foods into small portions for serving and cooling. Reheat leftovers to at least 165 degrees F. Take special care with poultry, stew, soup, gravy, and casseroles.

Sound like fun to anyone? Huh? Huh? That's what I thought. Pretty sure that's what I had. Blech. a word to the wise: avoid buffets. that is all

Okay, so I'm putting away my laundry, taking advantage of the night off to reorganize my room a little (yay... an organized desk is the sign of an organized mind, and let me tell you, that explains a lot). As I was hanging up the shirts that I most commonly wear, I realized something tragic. My name is andymack, and I'm the wearer of bummy sweaters. Literally. Dressing for school? Where's that bummy sweater? Dressing for church? Oh, a nice blue bummy sweater. Dressing for hanging out? Pulling out the green bummy sweater. Or the other green... bummy sweater. Going in to work? Throw on uniform, top it off with... yep, gray bummy sweater. Holy cow. It's little wonder that I'm single. Looks like I need a visit from the fashion faerie god-mom. What do you want to bet that she's italian? that's it for now,
------------ andymack
must... avoid... lemon chicken. UGH!

No comments: