20040304

what, is this the day to not blog?

now playing: ballad of san francisco // dwebb on LLOL

Okay, so I know this may sound pathetic, but I logged onto my internet account, launched a microsloth product, and started surfing my favorite blogs. I have to confess, I was pretty bummed to find that only ONE of the 5 or 6 that I read everyday had been updated. It makes little sense, but somehow, I enjoy this. Funny enough, I was planning on skipping today too... I have a paper to write like a.s.a.yesterday. Oh well. It can wait a couple minutes while I write this. Not really that much to tell you about, but I do have a couple of web sites to recommend:

the shotgun rules Most of us are college students. Most of us bum rides. Now, the definitive work on calling shotgun. Read it. Know it. Live by it.
breedlove guitars These guys caused me to get my first ever parking ticket. See, I was going into musicland (which I hate, cause they never have anything good. Ever). And, there was no parking that was "legal". But, since i was only going to be in there for a minute, reconfirming that they had nothing good, I figured... "what the heck? i won't get a ticket". So, i go in, and the owner asks "can I help you find anything?" So, I figure... I'll give 'em a shot. I tell him what I'm looking for, price point and all, and he goes... yeah, we have an alvarez for 750 that is kinda like that. I play it, I see it, it's crap. So, I'm getting ready to leave (time in store... 1.5 min), and he says: "Have you ever played a breedlove? I forgot all about this one..." And pulls down the most unbelievable looking guitar ever. I says to myself, if it plays as beautiful as it looks, then it's going to be awesome. And he hands it to me. And there were a couple of key things I noticed as I played it. A) Volume. For a concert sized body (slightly smaller than a dreadnaught, preferred by clapton, and myself) it was LOUD. B) Action: wow, it was mint. Like, taylor mint. C) Finish / Woods: Again, wow... mint. D) tone: my current guitar is a little on the treble-y side of balanced. This guitar is perfectly where I would want it. E) Electronics. Yep. Fishman. Classic IV. Can't beat a fishman. I firmly believe in their products. They tend to be pretty hot as far as signal level. I remember one time plugging in after a guy with some generic active pickup set up, and feeding back the whole system. Fishman rocks the hizz-ouse. So, I may be a little star struck by this guitar, but man... wow. great looking, plays amazingly, worth keeping for the rest of my life. We'll have to see. Oh right... the story. Anyway, i play the guitar for a while, and think to myself, wow... this is great. I talk to them about where the brand is from, woods, upkeep, etc... everything sounds great. They're trying to push an immediate sale, I'm like... no deal raj. Anyway, I finally say "well, I might be back in a few weeks", and walk to the door (time in store: 30 min). And as I open the door Reality kicks in. I'm illegally parked, and just spent a half hour in a store. So I rush to my car, and sure enough, AndyMack got his first parking ticket. and now you know... the rest of the story.

Anyway guys, that paper calls. Keep it real.
For now,
___________________________ AndyMack

fine and dandy... must be andy... andymack

No comments: