20040302

first bike ride of spring... or... wow, it's wet out there

now playing: hands of the potter (radio mix) // cc.. yep, shesa bootleg

Hey guys. Well, today has been a good day so far. Although, it's had its moments. (And for homestar fans: if it's supposed to be possessive it's just i t s, if it's supposed to be a contraction, it's i t apostraphe s... scalawag). I got it right in the preceding sentence. Gotta confess, I hate akward moments, and wish I could avoid them altogether, but sometimes some good comes out of them. One of those akward moments got me really down today. But then, I got to drive home, and as I pulled in I thought: I'm old, out of shape, and completely a bum. And now I drive, so I get absolutely NO exercise, time to pull out the bike. So, I up and went for a bike ride, which served dual purposes: expressing agression, and getting a little bit of a work out. Didn't make it too far (because I really am that out of shape. Wait, out of shape assumes I was ever in shape. Which I haven't really been. One day though). When I got home, I realized that... hey, it's still spring. The world is beautiful, we're starting to see grass again, work is going good, and the Spirit is at work in my heart. What a wonderful time to be alive. So, my outlook is much rosier now.

I open for Andrew Arnold this tuesday (March 9th) at the grassroots cafe (corner of Hunter and Alymer). We'd love it if you all would come and help us pack out the place. Tip your waiters ;-) Check it out. Anyway, i'm out. Gotta love spring tho!
sure beats a pile of snow

No comments: