20040302

whitewashed walls

hey guys. This is a little out of the ordinary, I'm having a bit of a melancholy night, and I'm playing through some old songs. I thought I'd share one with you, at least the lyrics of it. It's a song I wrote in... shoot, the summer of 2000, just under 4 years ago. Life was simpler then. But, the same issues tended to plague. And that's where this song came from.

Sometimes I find it easier
To change what I project
Ignore what's on the inside
Who sees that anyway?

Chorus:
And I know that it's just a waste of my time
To spread another coat over the grime
And I don't want to be just another white washed wall
Help me to be more than a white washed wall.

V2:
I fall into my own trap
Religion over relationship
But still I know it's futile
Cause the white wash starts to chip


so, that's kinda what's on my mind. Take from it what you will.

No comments: