20040920

car repairs, and j.gurr's jealousy issues

now playing: grace like rain // todd agnew.

So, I got the call from the mechanic today: it was no where near as bad as I thought. The rust issues under the hood revolve around the heat shield. He said (and I quote) "If it was my car, I wouldn't spend any money on that at all." So, first good news of the day: The problem wasn't the manifold! Part two... "Your tail pipe is shattered." Shattered sounds bad... "Good news is, it happened just beyond the catalytic converter. I pulled that off, and it's just fine." Phew part two... catalytic converters are expensive. He continued, "So, it's going to be 215ish." I was like... SWEET!!! It's only 1/5 of what I thought it would be. Super sweet! So, three things that really worked out well for me. I'm so happy! And relieved too. Expensive car repairs suck. The mazda returns tomorrow!

In other news... I just want to comment briefly on gurr8's jealousy issues revolving around my blog. Welp, he's... got some issues. Lets look at the facts. I start a blog on January 26th, 04. Jgurr starts a blog on... february 29, 2004 So, yeah, I school him there. Then, well... where can we go from here? I know... I became a single man again in October of 2003. J followed my path in February of 2004. How about school? Well, I decided not to go back in June of 04. J decided not to go back in August of 04. How about cell phones? I decided to buy a Telus cell phone in October of 03. J decides to buy one in July of 04. All I'm saying is, look at the evidence. Strongly in my corner! J has nothin'! I'm obviously the trail blazer. So, all these comments about our blogs... my blog is obviously better. In fact, i'd go so far as to say, superior in every way. Take a lesson from this folks... don't challenge the big man. When you do, you just end up getting hurt.

Funny, my buddy GWB just taught John Kerry that, I think.
and that shot goes out to my buddy gurr

5 comments:

Jerry said...

standard mazdas rule... is yours a 323? i forget...

Justin said...

It seems you're blazing the way on driving a lemon, too. Should I buy a Mazda?

Matthew said...

Oooooo, ouch...lemon

andrew said...

Gurr... didn't that lemon take it to your oh-so-fine vehicle a couple weeks ago? I seem to recall leaving you in my dust. Hmm, I wonder how that works.

Justin said...

there was dust, there was grey/black smoke...i can't remember too much, I was mostly coughing and hacking.