20050929

what a day

Dear Friends,

Today is a memorable day for two reason.

First of all, today is the first time that I have managed to see hockey since the lock out. Yes, sports fan, in the background I can hear Pittsburgh at Ottawa… I haven’t seen that Crosby kid yet, but I’m excited. He was excellent for Team Canada in the World Juniors, so I like him already. Hockey is back… and if everyone was even ¼ as excited as I am, hockey would be the new football.

The second reason is slightly sadder… you see, today for the first time, the Mazda became a killer. I mean, I’ve killed bugs and stuff before, but today… well… I was driving back from the doctor’s office, and I was coming up the road to work. All of the sudden, from under the bushes, a l’il groundhog, let’s call him l’il brudder, ran out. I tried to avoid, but he basically gave’r right for my tire. So, he got smoked. There’s something sad about anything dying… and the poor little guy definitely died. I had some help from the guy behind me with moving him off the road, but… shoot, I just felt bad. So, the mazda is a killer. And I am an accomplice.


and that was my day.

3 comments:

Todd said...

Don't worry about it. On the way back from Camp Mini-yo-we Heather, Sarah, and I creamed what we presumed to be a ground-hog with the Phantom (Green Aerostar). Its funny how those crazy critters seem to be attracted to tires like magnets. And booya for hockey.

Anonymous said...

I've killed a billion such creatures, including people so what's your point. Hey do you need more slaves???

Justin said...

wow....can you tell "Don" is from West Virginia?