20060415

Martin Luther: Man of humour?

I found these quotes as I've been doing research on wedding vows.

"To sum the matter up: whoever finds himself unsuited to the celibate life should see to it right away that he has something to do and to work at; then let him strike out in God's name and get married. A young man should marry at the age of twenty at the latest, a young woman at fifteen to eighteen; that's when they are still in good health and best suited for marriage."

Three years late... dang it!

6 comments:

GLacharity said...

...and I'm two years too late and counting. I outta "Strike out in God's Name" and find me a woman.

Anonymous said...

i've still got 4 and a half months left! i'm still within the rules of marrying as per luther. suckas. in other news, i think martin luther was crazy for making that statement

Todd said...

and everyone thought i was crazy...

Anonymous said...

Just to give you a bit of a woman's perspectve on the subject... I by Luther's standards am 11 years and counting too late. Does this mean I am doomed to life of Celebacy???

These are the kind of comments and frustrations that just add to the pressure I now face everyday of my Life...its bad enough when your parents start getting broody for Grandbabies and telling you that you are ready for marriage...its another thing for Mr. Right to be ready!!

Andy, you and Rebecca are sooo blessed to have found each other. I am still waiting for my knight to show up on a white horse and rescue me!!

Anonymous said...

never too late my friends, to find a soulmate and celebrate God's gift of the opposite gender

nicole said...

i read matties blog (hugs) i am praying for you guys.

Psalm 18:30-32

As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.For who is God, except the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God? It is God who arms me with strength,And makes my way perfect.

Psalm 20:4
May He grant you according to your heart’s desire,And fulfill all your purpose.