20060707

just the essentials, thanks

A quick update, since apparently I have people on the edges of their seats... I spent the past two days in Montreal, attending the US embassy and getting Visa details worked out... and they actually got worked out. I'm in the midst of a mass packing event, figuring out what I can take with me and what will have to stay behind.

While in Montreal, I decided that a) I hate Montreal, and b) I hate the Montreal Travelodge hotel. It's the worst hotel in the world. Prices were high, rooms were lousy, there was no cold water in the tap (even when you just ran cold water), the air conditioner was lousy, the beds were lousy, I mean, it was bad... but, how's this for customer service:


So, while their customer service for humans is terrible, apparently they take good care of all bears that come to their hotel. I think they're a little confused though... I mean

Bare Essentials:
  • Tooth brush,
  • toothpaste,
  • soap,
  • shampoo,
  • deoderant, etc.

Bear Essentials:
  • raw meat
  • salmon
  • berries
  • larger toilet / shower facilities
As a human, I'm fairly disappointed in Travelodge. Perhaps some bears can comment on their experiences. Matt?
Just kidding

8 days til I get married, hey!




(that's for you, Mom)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for humouring your fans, including your old Piper-head aunt!

Betsy said...

WOohoo! Congrats on doing that and hope everything goes smoothly for you now! No more lumpy mattresses

Jerry said...

Hotel Pics in my opinion, are necessary asap.

Anonymous said...

thinking of you brother and trust that your big day goes well.

Levi

Anonymous said...

I am sooo glad everything has finally worked out for you!!

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow!!

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!

Susan

Anonymous said...

An update from the mother of the groom on the day after the wedding: it was absolutely beautiful, and the happy couple are on their honeymoon. God is so good!

nicole said...

congratulations andymac:)

Betsy said...

so um... any wedding pics coming! it IS August 6 and many of us are awaiting the CYBER viewing of the event!

love ya