20050608

thoughts and stuff

now playing: video killed the radio star / the buggles.

So, for the past 24 hours, I've watched the fallout from the Mac/Intel deal. I'm kind of embarassed—a long time Mac-vocate, I had to be alerted to the deal by my buddy gurr a day after it occured. Sheesh. But, seriously though. In a year, we'll be able to buy macs that run on intel processors (obviously, the term mactel will come into colloquial usage or something). I think I'm excited, except that now the whole
XBox360 and PS3 use PowerPC technology thing is pretty well irrelevant. Still though, the possibilities of Mac on Intel are pretty cool, and I for one say "go for it!" But, I also say "Yeah, i won't be upgrading until I can get a Mac on Intel." Up til recently, I thought a MacMini would be a good idea. But, why do it now when i can wait a year-ish, and get a MacMinIntel? For you non-nerds, this is the equivalent of Superman deciding to accept Robin as his sidekick. It's pretty wild.

In other news, read this article cause it's good (thanks to Adagio County Independent.)

All right, I'm done for now. Go play a guitar or something!

4 comments:

gracie said...

The article was good, again though, the comment skirmish was depressing

Josiah said...

mac what? you're a mac man? i didn't know this about you. in my humble opinion, i don't think intel chips are going to revoluntionize the mac world.

andrew said...

Ay, a mac man... I don't own one at present, but I will one day soon. They're pretty, they're sleek, and as useless as it may sound, that extra function key actually gets a lot of use in typesetting / layout design. Did I mention that macs are pretty?

Anonymous said...

So what's this I hear about Robin joinging Superman? That can't happen. He would just get killed by Superman's Nemes(i) or used as bait in order to find out Superman's secret identity. I tell ya, Batman had it rough, but Superman will have it ten times as worser, he will be all like: "Man, now I gotta gos save Robin again!" or "Gee Whiz I wish that kid had some sort of power like the dude who can freeze stuff..."
It just wouldn't work!!! Robin is too attached to Batman and Alfred, and isn't he leading the Teen Titans anyway? Is the world going crazy or...ahhhh!!!!
Huh?
What?
This blog was about computers....
Well, that's dumb, my 286 works just fine.




Go Pong.
-Marinaboyz(Newly Webb)