20050702

from West Virginia

now playing: the sound of birds singing, and the whirring of my girlfriend's laptop's hard drive.

I'm sitting in the living room of Rebecca's house. We drove most of the day yesterday to get here, and now, having slept quite well, I am ready to face another day. It seems like a beautiful morning out -- kinda foggy, not too hot, like I said the birds are singing, and I'm in West Virginia. It's a very beautiful place. The drive down yesterday proved that fact. Just a gorgeous state. Of course, with all the mountains, and a speed limit of 70 mph, and the intermittent-at-best guard rails, well... the driving feels more adventurous than it is. Also, for those of you who wonder, it's more fun to do the trip in the summer than in the winter. Guaranteed.

The past couple of weeks have been great. Rebecca and I have gone to weddings, gone to movies, gone to places I've never been (searching for ice cream in bloomfield, for example), and in general, hung out. It's been a lot of fun, primarily because the company has been so good. I won't lie to you, long distance relationships can be challenging at times, but man, it makes you appreciate the time you get together a lot more.

So I'm going to close with that I think. The trip has been good. The trip back will hopefully go well as well. I'll talk at you guys again soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost heaven? West Virginia? It was good to see you and Reb last month in YOUR home and native land. hugs to you both and prayers for all that God will bring to your lives (separately and together).

mearybeary said...

Hi Drew

I know how much long distance relationships sucks. And you know the cure for one is? MARRIGE. lol well I know that it's a challanging time but once you seem them again it makes the time you have together the most wonderful time. All the best and good to see you again at the Meg and Caleb's wedding.

God Bless
Mary

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mary on this one. Get Married Bud. Oh and call me when you get back. I'd like to hear about the past week. Or at least let me when you get back so I can call you.

"I thought lying was good for the relationship???"

rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rebecca said...

Lying is ridiculously good for a relationship, eh Luke?? And I don't use that word lightly. Oh wait... :)

Todd said...

Hey Mack,

Keep rocking out dude, keep reading the word, and keep playing your guitar. Tell Rebecca she's pretty cool. (can she sing??? ;)

Godspeed from Pak

Todder

Anonymous said...

She can sing; she can sign; she can sing and sign---and I'm pretty sure she can bake a cherry pie, too. I think Andrew should build her a cake...

GrammaMack