20060919

Message in a bottl... no... er... stick?

Good morning! It's not even 9 AM, and here I am writing a blog post. This morning, I received a mysterious message... in a most-unexpected place. You see, I normally expect my underarm products to be pretty straight-forward. I don't expect them to try to tell me something. Well... this morning, Degree proved me wrong. What do you know. Embedded in the top of my deoderant (ew, gross) were the words "Go All In."

Now, why am I telling you this? Simple... I have decided to make this my new life philosophy... "Go All In." I mean, why not take my life's direction from a stick of deoderant? Here's how I expect my decision-making interior dialogue to go from now on:

Deciding Lunch:
Hmm, should I order pizza for lunch? You know, that'll be fifteen bucks. I could buy three combos at McDonalds for that. Wait... what did my deoderant tell me? Oh yeah... go all in. Phhh, I'm ordering pizza.


Large Purchasing Decisions:
Should I buy that fifty-two inch HDTV? I mean, that's like $4000. We could almost put a down-payment on a house with that! Wait! hold on... "Go all in." Go all in. If I were a stick of Degree deoderant, what would I do? I'd buy the TV. Okay, I'm doing it... go all in!

Life Changes:
So, I enjoy working in publishing, but you know, there always was the idea of making money as a professional video game tester. I have no knowledge of the industry, I don't know how I'd start... but, you know... my life's definition is "Go All In" so, I'm going to do it!

And the list would go on. Every decision, from this point forward, will be governed by a branding attempt from a commercial firm with no knowledge of what my life is like.

Think it sounds silly? Why? I mean, how many people adopted "Just Do It" from Nike, or "No Fear" from ... who did that one? Just because mine is from a deoderant company doesn't mean it's less valuable than yours from a shoe company!

Or maybe it does. Whatever... I'm going all in... boy, Rebecca is going to love this fifty-two inch television.

3 comments:

gracie said...

Go all in? What kind of literature is that? Like an ingrown toenail? Like a hibernating bear?
Thanks for giving your old aunt something to read,

Love
Aunt D

Rach B said...

you make me laugh man!

Anonymous said...

oh dude. i love you man. i do have one question though...deoderant? would it not be deodorant, since it is in fact, taking away the odor? or maybe i'm wrong. who knows. either way, i miss ya bud. see ya next week!!