20040808

super hero

now playing: beggarman

Now, undoubtedly everyone has a superhero. I've had several throughout my lifetime. But I'm not talking about Spiderman and Batman, I'm talking about the guys you know and love, whose advice is reliable and, sometimes, even the type to come to mind at just the right time to save your butt. For a while, I have to say, my conscience had a South African accent, in honour of PK. Well, recently I had this dream. And in this dream the only thing that saved me from a fate worse than death was the voice of Stevie Y. "Mackay, if you do that, I'll openly call you an idiot." At that point, I jolted awake, and went "wow, what a dumb dream! Steve's my hero." And now, I have proclaimed it before the whole world. Not too many people can save your life in a dream.

So, today, they showed the house we're currently in. Yep, mom and dad's soon-to-be-former landlords are selling the house. Anyway, we left at 130, the showing was supposedly at two. We got back at 330, and they were still here. So we drove around. They later claimed to have shown the house twice. I'm not going to lie to you, I know what was really up. They were sitting around playing the guitars that are around the house. That's totally what I would've done! But, whatever, let them think they fooled us.

Outside of that, just an ordinary day, with thoughts flying through my head. Sometimes, there are situations where I'm just like: Okay Lord, tell me what you want. Now, tell me again. Now, are you sure? JP reminded me this morning: DO NOT TRY TO ADVISE GOD!!!! He yelled it too. Alright, i'm gone folks. peace.

okay, i lied. I'm now editing this about 5 minutes after the initial post... I wanted to add the following, stolen from code's site (see link at side)

Last Cigarette: The other night, in the dream that Stevie Y saved my life in. Crazy, eh? And the smoking wasn't even what was going to kill me.
Last Alcoholic Drink: Funny, no drinks in the dream. Although, I almost needed one to steady my nerves when I woke up.
Last Car Ride: Home from furniture shopping with mom and pop... we even went someplace I'd never been before... beautiful countryside around here.
Last Kiss: Leaving my grandparents house, my nephew caleb was there, and he planted a big one on my cheek.
Last Good Cry: sometime in October. On the phone. With my older brother. Wait... no, Mackay men don't cry. NEVER.
Last Library Book: Something about Philosophy... i had 10 books out for a paper comparing plato and aristotle.
Last book bought: Lets go with books bought in the last month: books 4-7 of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series, Lapsing into a Comma, The Copy Editor's Handbook, Shadow Puppets (O.S. Card), The Book Business, Paris 1919. I think that covers the last month. We could double it by going last two months, but lets not. We'll leave it at the fact that my Chapters privileges are about to be revoked.
Last Book Read: Currently amid Book 6 from W.O.T series (reference above), also reading "I, Isaac Take You, Rebekah" by Ravi, and "Charity and its Fruits" by Edwards. But I'm moving slow on the last two, to my shame.
Last Movie Seen in Theatres: Gonna be Manchurian Candidate, with my little brother, a week ago tomorrow.
Last Movie Rented: Cheaper by the Dozen... no, I bought that... um... sadly, School of Rock is the last movie I rented. I say sadly because I already owned a copy at the time, my copy was just 110 kms away.
Last Cuss Word Uttered: Shnike. As in: HOKEY SHNIKE, DANNY WAY JUST KILLED THAT JUMP, in the X Games 10 big air competition.
Last Beverage Drank: Pepsi, with my dinner.
Last Food Consumed: Pork Ribbets (processed pork, basically) on a bun.
Last Crush: I think it was orange. Orange crush. or Natalie Portman.
Last Phone Call: My older brother, about an hour ago.
Last TV Show Watched: X games 10 on ABC, Big Air Competition. Mentioned above.
Last Time Showered: this morning, after waking up at around 930.
Last Shoes Worn: loafers. My generation doesn't believe in loafers, but i intend to single handedly bring them back. Loafers rock. And they're comfortable, too!
Last CD Played: Bebo Norman, Myself When I am Real, while cruisin'.
Last Item Bought: Coffee at Tim Hortons. Can't go wrong.
Last Download: Some song by DC Talk, an old school one, so I could learn how to play it... "like it, love it, need it"?
Last Annoyance: This text editor.
Last Disappointment: See above.
Last Soda Drank: "Deja vu." "What'd you say?" "Deja vu... I just had a case of deja vu." "What was it?" "There was this question about the last thing I drank, and then there was this question about the last thing I drank." "Was it the same question?" "Coulda been, I don't know" "They cut the hardline, move!" (from The Matrix.)
Last Thing Written: A song about grace. Which is ultimately what they're all about.
Last Key Used: my house key, or the key of c.
Last Words Spoken: Sorry. I say it all the time, really, but yep, that's the last thing i said out loud. Or maybe it was "Head, turn of Peter, Paul, and Mary." (edit... doh. that'd be "turn off Peter, Paul, and Mary." This correction goes out to piff.) The deaf man is watching Peter, Paul, and Mary. Can you believe it?
Last Sleep: last night... 3 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. I just couldn't sleep til 3.
Last Ice Cream Eaten: A caramel vanilla ice cream bar, coated in chocolate. Pretty darn good, if I may say.
Last Chair Sat In: Argh, this computer chair that is tilted funnily. Makes me feel like I'm slouching funny.
Last Web page Visited: well, there's actually two: www.desiringgod.org, which is a good web site to visit. Go J.P. And, http://ruthcook.blogspot.com/ which is hilarious. We love you Ruth!
could that post have been vaguer or more unclear?

and now I'm really done.

3 comments:

rebecca said...

"turn of Peter, Paul, and Mary"???? of? That's all I have to say about that. Move that massive melon of yours and edit the post! :) Just kidding. Do people always try to edit everything you write now? I bet I'd get annoyed if they did. That's all. Also, just a side note, I'm glad that you're listening to beggerman. Someone cool must have gotten you their cd....

Anonymous said...

I like how you skirted the smoking and drinking issue. I am guessing you are an alchosmokoholicologist.

shine.is.dead said...

This is hilarious. I punked this survey from my friends LJ, and this is like, a third generation punking. I love how things get passed on. Ha!