20040805

New Caedmon?

now playing: Caedmon's Call: Before There Was Time LIVE / from Chronicle. Best hits baby.

Over the years, I've made it a goal to introduce as many people as possible to Caedmon's Call. I'm not going to belabour my point tonight. A new Caedmon's Call record comes out Mid-October (I think it's the twelfth). They went to India, Brazil, and Peru to record the cd with indigenous musicians. It's gonna be an awesome meld of classic folk and world music. Now, those of you who heard about my time living with matt, and the assault of eastern music might be thinking, "AndyMack is going to hate this cd." Well, I've heard a couple of the tracks, including one called Mother India, performed live. And I loved them. I would invite you to watch with me, but the company that had a 2 hour concert on their website (272 kb/s quality, no less) took it down. I presume that the Caedmon fans must've overloaded the server. Bummer. Oh well, suffice it to say, there's a full on Hindi style vocal solo, and it's AWESOME. Alright, that's it for me, for now.
that's never really all, though. It never ends. It's never done.

No comments: