20041209

hokey shmokes

All due respect to my american friends, I'm going to presume that we can all agree that this ann coulter chick is an idiot. Watch this: Now, seriously, to America. Yes, you may be bigger people wise, you may have more money than we do. Congratulations. Please though, don't act like we exist at your mercy. There are 30 million of us. I'm pretty sure we don't exist as a nation at anybody's mercy. If anything, you could say that we're dumb to sell as much as we do to you guys. A sound national economic policy would limit exports to y'all to, maximum, 10-15%. Not out of dislike for anyone, but in the name of economic freedom. I hope that most americans wouldn't agree with the pompous attitude presented in this clip. You'd have to kill at least 2 million of us to take over the country I'm pretty sure. Unless you came through Quebec. Anyway, I found the above clip disgusting and frustrating. Except for the part at the end where Caroline Parrish ripped into the crossfire guy. That was awesome. Anyway.

7 comments:

andrew said...

To correct, as a nation, we don't exist at anyone's mercy but God's.

Kim said...

That too, left my frustrated. I had half a mind to hitch up my dogsled, and go to Fox News and CNN to give them a piece of my mind.

Anonymous said...

That clip was ridiculous...people just like to hear the sound of their own voice. It's fustrating to me that people actually believe some of those things and feel that way though. We need to choose our words wisely- when we speak- may it be God's words- not our own. God does not desire such words that were in the clip- the tearing down of our brother- oi...i like both canada and the states - and i do not agree with what was spoken. -Danielle

Justin said...

A+ on keeping exports to ten or fifteen percent. If you don't have economic sovereignty, you don't have political sovereignty. Or as a wise man once put it, "money makes the world go 'round, so let's get mo."

Oh yah, and Parrish own3d as usual.

Anonymous said...

I am an American. Please forgive Anne, she sometimes says very dumb things. Also, she often says very true things (more funny than true, really). I did not get to see the clip, but can imagine what she said based on Andrew's comments. Bad form, I am sure. I personaly am quite fond of Canada. It is one of my favorite northern states. Just kidding...I don't like any northern states. I do care for the true north strong and free and wish that they were stronger and free-er, just like I wish we were. But you do need more Christian nuts in leadership like we have. In a modest defense of Anne Coulter's positive contributions, here is an excerpts from a recent column;

"Speaking of gay marriage, as long as liberals are so big on discussing "mandates" and whether Bush has one (they say he does not), I think the one thing we can all agree on is that there is definitely a "mandate" against gay marriage. In fact, a clear majority of us are uncomfortable with the word "mandate" because it sounds like Wayne asking Stephen out for dinner and a movie."

with deep affection,
Juan Boriqua

Justin said...

Yes! We need, as Christians, to force people to respect gay marriage! Thank God that Canada has finally allowed the broadcast of Fox News! Focus On The Family has fought hard to have Fox News brought here...after all, Fox is on our side in the battle for 'family'.
*ignores 'who wants to marry a millionaire'; 'family guy'; 'who's your daddy'; 'desperate housewives'; 'the oc'; 'the bachelor'; 'temptation island'*

When the "church" has a divorce rate less than that of those outside the church, come back and talk to me about who should be getting married.

Anonymous said...

edit: that's "respect marriage" not "respect gay marriage"