20050224

Make-up talk

Okay guys, this kind of follows along the same vein of my last post, but seriously... what's with make-up product talk? I started thinking about this the other night; I was in my bathroom the other night washing my hands, and I took a look at the hand soap bottle ... Now, please note, i probaby wouldn't be able to pick a good hand soap if I tried; my mom bought it for me. But, on the bottle it says "Vitalizing." Now, i've heard of re-vitalizing, but can a soap be just vitalizing? Then, we were watching TV, and some pretty girl who was way too skinny and wearing way too much makeup started talking about the fresh feeling she gets from her make-up, how it awakens her skin and soothes it and such. WHAT?! It's make-up! Holy cow! It's like a bad book review! Words that make no sense! Why not say "My make-up highlights the facial features I want to highlight." Or something like that--something that makes sense? All this metaphysical, soothing fresh feeling hoighty toighty crap has driven me up the wall! Let's use true words, and leave the marketing BS for the people selling "Oil-Based, Non-Dairy whipped topping."

3 comments:

Kim said...

Just go with Dove's products. It's good stuff, and they've got good marketing.

Anonymous said...

andymack, this is Hillary and I completely agree!! what is the point of all the 'metaphysical, soothing fresh feeling hoighty toighty crap' for something that is already Dead!!..??...it makes me laugh and I am a girl! (in other words I am supposed to buy into that marketing!)...craziness! lol...hope all is going well!! :)

Jerry said...

of course, we must also consider that most girls look 200% better without make-up in the first place...