20051123

C.S. Lewis is my favourite rockstar?

Now playing: random Christmas songs; yep, it's that time of year!

I spent the weekend at a reader's conference (that had a built-in mini writer's conference). The theme was, unsurprisingly, The Chronicles of Narnia. I got to hear Gene E. Veith of World Magazine and Michael Coren of CFRB and CTS talk about Lewis, the Chronicles of Narnia, and about why Lewis, and the upcoming movies based on his childrens' series, can and do provide such an incredible opportunity for western culture and Christianity to intersect.

In the same vein, then, I thought I'd point you at this Christianity Today article titled "C.S. Lewis Superstar." It's a good mini-biography of Lewis and provides a good explanation of why he was/is such an effective communicator to those who have little-to-no interest in Christianity.

1 comment:

Justin said...

HUGE fan of Michael Coren...was supposed to see him at the Muskoka Baptist Conference but he bailed on them...