20051110

gross-out tactics

Now playing: some v show... my brother hid the remote, so I can't even change it no matter how hard I try. Well, i guess I could get up and go change it at the tv, but really... it's easier to just complain.

Okay, so I work with kids on thursday nights. It's a neat opportunity. These are not church kids, and it's an interesting dynamic. But, I was reminded tonight of something that I guess I had forgotten. When kids are, say, ten to thirteen years old, they impress each other by saying the grossest things possible. You know, maybe it doesn't stop at thirteen... I guess it kind of just morphs from there into worse, more subtle gross stuff. It's really kind of shocking. Someone needs to tell them that they're in fifth grade and that they need to enjoy it while they can. You know, there's even a lesson there for all of us.

No comments: