20050527

on / off relationships

NP: recruiting sargeant by great big sea. gotta love the sea.

So, I have, or appear to have, an on / off relationship with my blog. When it's on, boy is it on. When it's off, not much can get me motivated to write. Then, I get frustrated with never screaming "listen to me, oh please, listen to me" (basically the content of a blog post, no?) and so I start again. Wash, rinse, repeat until hair acheives desired softness.

Anyway, it bugs me. I read serious writers, and they all write something--anything at all--at least once a day. That's how they pull off the whole "Yes, I do what I love and manage to subsist on it." I envy them that. Not so much the money (although money isn't "the worst thing in the world"--just the root of evil), but the doing what they love and pulling it off.

I was reading about the Lemony Snicket dude -- how brilliant is that (note - I am not speaking to the content of the books... I have only seen the movie, and probably won't ever read the books. I will note that I'm not sure how gung-ho I am about kids books trending darker. Seriously, I was in the kids book section at Chapters yesterday and WHA! Talk about darkness)... he creates a character and then lets the character write the books. That's smart! And, it makes for some pretty good jokes.

So, i guess that's it for my "On" post. I guess I'm back on for now.

No comments: