20050514

There is nothing like...

now playing: high noon by andrew peterson.

There's nothing quite like driving through country side in spring time and listening to folk music while you do it. We went to Peterborough today. It was a good trip. We saw family and had a good time.

I think watching the farm process is good for a man. As we drove down highway 28 we passed unplowed fields. We also passed freshly plowed fields. In between the two, we passed a field that was just getting started. There was a man in a tractor (yes, in... not on. Tractors are way fancier than how a cidiot imagines them) pulling a plow behind him. In the manner of any imperfect analogy, it reminded me of the work of God. Sometimes my heart is a lot like an unplowed field - hard, caked together, kinda nasty. You can tell that maybe something grew there before, but you have to stop to wonder if anything ever will again. All that's really necessary is some work. It's encouraging to see that process taking place.

I guess that's it for me. I need a cup of tea. No more rhymes, I mean it. Does anybody want a peanut?

2 comments:

gracie said...

I love the way your mind and heart work! You're one of God's blessings in my life
Love
Aunt Deb

nicole said...

alright. that is a good analogy. peanut? what? i want the tea.