20040213

best valentine ever, and other snippets

now playing: what you want // caedmons call, from long line of leavers

So, let me tell you a story. On or about Tuesday, February 10th, I checked my mailbox at school. In it was a valentine, which read quite simply "To Andrew, from one who is watching from far off, hoping that one day you'll notice me." No signature, no nothing. Now, my initial reaction was, of course, to think that it was written by nicole or affleck, or someone who enjoys messing with my head like that. However, I checked it with nicole, and it wasn't her. Further, it wasn't Affleck's handwriting. In fact, it was rather stately and well written, unlike any I really recall seeing from any of the girls I know. Anyway, I asked a couple trusted friends to keep their eyes open to similar card / writing. Meg told me that if it was legit (and she tended to think that maybe it was), the girl probably had someone else write it for her. I was like "oh shoot". Because, seriously, the last thing that I really need right now is some sweet girl thinking I'm the biddy. (Business, for those who don't speak Bretterson). However, I just kinda decided to leave it alone. Anyway, today, nicole did send me a freak note (addressed to Foxy Mackay). In it's wake came the revelation of who it really was. Nicole was joking with me about it afterward, when into the room walked the esteemed J. Stephen Yuille. He overheard nicole say secret admirer, and said "you've got a secret admirer?" and I said, no just nicole, but... and told him the story above - people kinda came and went while I told him. Anyway, he was like, oh that's pretty sweet. To which I responded, no it's a little disturbing, cause I don't really need it at this point in time. He asked if I knew whose handwriting it was (at this point cook walked up, and a bunch of people were coming up the stairs). I was like... no, we checked it against some, couldn't find it. He says "Stop, cook I want you here for this.



That handwriting was... Allison's." Yep, he had his wife write it. His line + her handwriting = one confused andymack. I have never felt so had in all my life. I turned about twelve shades of red too. I couldn't believe I had bought his story so completely. Wow. The war is on. stay tuned for more info

In other news, the Valentines breakfast for the girls was great. We managed to pull it together rather brilliantly. I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all. Except for that part where the waffle was in the microwave for 4 minutes, and there was smoke everywhere. Cause I thought we were going to get killed on that one. Oh well.

Anyway, work all weekend, gotta go get ready for my first shift. I'm tired. 530 in the morning is grossly early. Oh well. God is good, I'm just so lazy. May you all have a peaceful weekend, and may the activities you partake in ROCK. Peace
Yep, it's a fact... whipped cream between two hot waffles... melts. no way around it.

No comments: