20040202

on chip-ped teeth and chip dip

So, you ever been sitting there, drinking a cup of tea, when all the sudden, your approach is all wrong? It's kind of like on Top Gun where they're learning how to do the carrier stuff, right? Your mug is approaching the ramp (ie. your mouth), and somehow, you're just lined up a little wrong? And, smack, the airplane touches down with a bang instead of with a bump? Know what I mean? Yeah, i managed to slightly chip my tooth on a porcelain mug. And not even a Tim Hortons mug, just a regular ol' homebody mug. How depressing is that? It's not noticible, but it's rough. And that frustrates me.

Next time you're at the store and buying a bag of chips, don't leave after the chip aisle. Make your way over to dairy and pick up some Philadelphia Cream Cheese dip... wow, that stuff rocks. I had the dill pickle dip today, and man... it was dilly. And pickle-y. Mmm Mmm good. And (to quote my buddy matt) if when you die and go to heaven, they offer you regular heaven and pie heaven, take pie heaven, cause it might be a joke, but if it's not... mmm, pie!

Lastly, a challenge to the gentlemen out there... one day, you and I will probably be fathers. I'm not sure what the likelyhood is, but since this isn't a betting pool, it doesn't much matter anyway. As fathers, we're probably going to have certain things we'd like to see when a young man comes to try to steal the hearts of one of our daughters (I myself intend to have theft deterrents along the lines of mean dogs, cyborg protection agents, and portable land mines to prevent just such an occurrence, but to each his own). Anyway, my challenge to you guys is to contemplate that. Even the way we approach the lead up to dating would probably be vastly different if we took this into consideration. So, stop. Think about it for a minute. And not to be overly cheesy (I know it's easily possible), but consider the fact too that whoever it is you're pursuing bears the image of the Holy, Righteous God. And that's an even more serious Dad to mess with than yours truly will ever be.

No comments: