20040203

snow

So,

I just got in from shoveling snow, and I'm realizing that it really could be an olympic sport. To think, I get winded shovelling 3 inches of snow, whlie my grandfather (74) will get out there every morning, whether its 3 inches or 32. I feel pretty put to shame. So, from now on, i'm going to be up early enough to beat him to it.


Also, I go outside, and I'm shoveling snow, and I'm noticing that the snow is actually magnificently packy. We're talking so packy that I almost took the hours it would require to make a snow man. Yes, I know, not a very worthwhile pursuit for a young man. But, if I had someone to do it with me... anyway, the preceeding thoughts ran through my mind, and drove me back to thoughts on the human need for companionship. And let me just say, I don't get it. This stuff sure ain't easy. Sometimes I've gotta wonder (prepare lightning bolt) why God didn't just create us to be cut off individualists who don't care about anyone else. And then I realize, that would've been boring! God definitely does everything with a good and perfect person, and I am DUMB to think I know better than He.

all that for a snowman.

Anyway I do believe it's time for this young man to show some self discipline, write an email or two, and go to bed. Before 11:30. I know, crazy isn't it? Organization is key. Discipline, discipline, discipline.


the proof of desire is in pursuit


If that's true, then what does my life show my desires to be?

No comments: